THE ORANGE ROAD FOUNDATION LOGO DESIGN CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
I GENERAL RULES
1. The Official Rules define the conditions of The Orange Road Foundation Logo Design Contest, hereinafter referred to as "the Contest".
2. The Contest is organized by The Orange Road Foundation located in Jelenia Gora, Wyczolkowskiego 62/7, 58-500 Jelenia Gora, hereinafter referred to as "the Organizer".
3. The Contest commences on 03-10-2016 and lasts until 16-10-2016. The results of the Contest will be announced on 18-10-2016.
4. The organizer reserves the right to change the dates specified in clause 3.
II THE PURPOSE OF THE CONTEST
5. The purpose of the Contest is to select an original The Orange Road Foundation logo design, hereinafter referred to as “the Logo”, which will become the Foundation’s official visual identity.
6. The Logo will be used for popularizing, marketing and promotional purposes. In particular, the Logo will be used on the letterheads and other printing materials, publications, posters, leaflets, banner ads, special gadgets, electronic media and on the websites.
7. The Logo should include a road and a smiling African child (children).
8. The Logo should include the name of the Foundation and a graphic element.
III PARTICIPANTS IN THE CONTEST
9. The Contest is international and consists of one stage. It is addressed to everyone, also to legal entities.
10. The Contest Participants must read and accept the Official Rules.
11. Participants in the Contest must be at least 18 years old and have full legal capacity to act.
IV. TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST
12. Participation in the Contest is free of charge and voluntary.
13. In order to participate in the Contest you need to fill in the Application Form (Annex no.1 to the Official Rules) and send it together with your project to the e-mail address: email@example.com, by the end of 16-10- 2016.
14. The following information about the Participant are required in the Application:
a. Name and surname and in case of a legal entity, the name of it together with a name of the person authorized to represent the legal entity.
b. Correspondence address.
c. Telephone number.
d. E-mail address.
15. The Application Form should be fully completed. Submitted form lacking any of the information listed in clause 14, will not be considered for the Contest.
16. Submitting the completed Application Form, and thus participating in the Contest is tantamount to a statement that:
a. The Participant is entitled to copyrights and derivative rights (within the meaning of the Act of 4 February 1994 on copyright and related rights - Dz. U. (Journal of Laws) 2006, No. 90, item 631, as amended) to the submitted logo design and that the Participant agrees to the use of the logo design for the duration of the Contest and for purposes related to the execution of the Contest.
b. Upon entering the Contest, the Participant has read and accepts the terms & conditions defined in the Official Rules of the Contest.
c. Entering the Contest, the Participant does not violate any of the provisions of the Official Rules of the Contest.
d. The submitted logo was created solely for the purpose of the Contest and is an original work which has not been previously published anywhere.
e. The Participant's logo design is chosen (wins the Contest), the Participant agrees to transfer copyrights and derivative rights to The Orange Road Foundation on the terms specified in the agreement annexed to the Official Rules (Annex No.2).
17. The Participant chosen as the Winner is obliged to sign the Gratuitous Transfer of Copyrights Agreement, which constitutes Annex No. 2 to the Official Rules.
18. Collective works cannot be submitted to the Contest.
19. Each Participant may submit up to 2 logo designs to the Contest. All proposed logo designs should be submitted in under one Application Form by one Participant.
20. A proposal of a Logo can be created by using the tools of computer graphics or painted by hand. The logo design should be submitted to the Contest as:
a. Color version on the white background saved in JPG format.
b. Black and white version, saved in JPG format.
21. Contest works will not be returned to the Participants of the Contest. The Organizer undertakes not to use the works that have not been awarded.
22. The Organizer cannot be held responsible for any submissions which did not reach him for reasons beyond his control, including due to Internet connection problems.
V. THE CONTEST JURY AND THE VERDICT
23. The Organizer appoints the Contest Jury to assess the submitted logo designs and inspect the fulfilment of formal requirements of the Official Rules by the Participants.
24. The Contest Jury includes the members of the Board.
25. The Contest Jury will emerge the winner by unanimous vote.
VI ASSESSMENT OF THE SUBMITTED WORKS AND DETERMINING THE WINNERS
26. When assessing the submissions/entries, the Contest Jury takes into consideration the following criteria:
a. The criterion of clear message - the Logo is intended to serve as the Foundation’s visual identity. Should refer to its goals.
b. The criterion of creativity - the Logo should be characterized by originality and innovativeness which arouses curiosity and interest.
c.The criterion of functionality - the Logo must be effective both in color and in black & white.
27. The winner will receive a Malagasy raffia basket and two tickets to the concert of Foliba that will take a place in Wrocław, on 28-10-2016. In addition, a name of the winner/name (logo) of the winning entity will be permanently published on our website.
28. In order to collect the prize, the Participant who wins must deliver the dosuments mentioned in clauses 13 and 17.
29. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to make any modifications to the winning logo design for its effective use, while respecting the original form.
30. Results of the voting will be communicated to the Winner on 17-10-2016 by phone call or e-mail.
31. Results of the Contest will be published on 18-10-2016 on the website pomaranczowadroga.pl and also on the Foundation’s profile on Facebook.
32. The results of the Contest are final. Participants in the Contest are not entitled to any form of appeal.
33. The form, time and method of delivering the prizes is determined by the Organizer.
34. The Organizer reserves the right to publish the names and other information about the Winner of the Contest.
35. If an agreement mentioned in the clause 17, is not made between the Winner of the Contest and the Organizer due to reasons attributable to the Winner, the Organizer has a right to re-appoint the Contest Jury in order to select another Winner (first place holder).
IX PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
36. The Organizer of the Contest is the personal data administrator.
37. By entering the Contest, the Participant agrees to the processing of personal data in accordance with the Act of 29 August 1997 on the protection of personal data (Dz. U. 2002, No. 101, item 926, as amended) for the proper execution of the Contest, including the selection of winners and granting, issuing and receiving prizes.
38. Providing the personal data by the Participant is voluntary, however, if the Participant refuses to provide the data or refuses to consent to the processing of personal data for the purpose of the Contest, the work submitted to the Contest will not be considered.
39. The Participant of the Contest shall have the right to access the personal data and to correct it.
XX FINAL PROVISIONS
40. The Official Rules is the only document defining the rules of the Contest.
41. Submitting a work to the Contest is tantamount to the acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Official Rules in full and without conditions.
42. The Organizer cannot be held responsible for entering false or incorrect data supplied by the Participants in the Contest.
43. The Organizer reserves the right to amend the Official Rules at any stage of the Contest by publishing them on the website pomaranczoradroga.pl
44. The Organizer reserves the right to not settle, suspend or cancel the Contest for legitimate reasons. Cancellation of the Contest may take place in particular in the case where a Participant refuses to conclude the agreement referred to in clause 18 the Official Rules. The Organizer’s decision in this matter is final.
45. The Official Rules are interpreted solely by the Organizer. In matters not regulated in the Official Rules, the decision is made by the Organizer. The Organizer’s decisions cannot be appealed.
46. The Contest is not a game of chance within the meaning of the Act of 29 July 1992 on games and mutual wagering (Dz. U. No. 68, item 341, as amended).
47. The Official Rules of the Contest are available in the website pomaranczowadroga.pl
48. The law applicable in the Contest is the Polish law.
49. In matters not governed by the provisions of the Official Rules, the provisions of the Act of 23 April 1964 Civil Code (i.e. Dz. U. 2014, item 121 as amended) and the Act of 4 February 1994 on copyright and related rights (i.e. Dz. U. 2006, No. 90, item 631, as amended) shall apply.
50. All information about the Contest can be obtained by writing at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org